Life started from a "word"

Life started from a "word"
Words cut the heart like a sword

Tuesday 24 June 2014

MY CRAVINGS


I do not crave
for mundane pomp and power;
cos in the grave,
they are as sour
as unripe grapes;
and worthless to apes
like a banquet of flowers

I don’t save
for a pregnant ‘morrow,
whose outcomes enclave
the lasting sorrow
of short-lived joy…
I wish to enjoy
my today’s gentle toils
on rocky semi-fertile soils

I crave to die the death
of man in good health
with an ink’s flow wealth
to change the psyche of earth:
that black is blind
and white, better refined

I do not rave
for worldly treasures,
and all that pleasures
a stubborn goat to early grave.
I desire love- not in gold and silver,
but in a united world- now and forever.


Let’s stop racial discrimination today. "Black is gold, white is bold..."


IYEOMOAN, Ehizogie.

No comments: